Sick of Feeling Sick?
Get your immune system back on track and start feeling well again.
Our immune system provides us with amazing protection from viruses and infections, but to function well it needs our support . By looking after our body and regulating our diet, exercise, sunshine and lifestyle choices, we can provide our bodies with the best possible environment to ward off illnesses such as viral infections.
Viral infections are the common causes of:
- Ross River Fever
- Glandular Fever
- Common Cold
- Cold Sores
- Genital Herpes
- Chicken Pox
Inside your body there is an amazing system of immune cells and tissues whose sole purpose is to defend you against invasion by bacteria, viruses, and parasites. A healthy immune system is like having your own private army. When the soldiers in your army are working well, you feel healthy, your body heals well, and you are resistant to infections.
However, when the army becomes malnourished or overworked, then you may become more susceptible to infections like colds or flu’s and dormant viruses such as the chicken pox virus may resurface – which is the cause of shingles. Fortunately, there are many natural ways we can help to boost your immune system, as well as address the underlying stress or nutritional deficiencies that may be affecting your immune system.
Simple Ways to Keep Your Army Strong
- Eat a balanced diet high in fresh, unprocessed foods, fruit and vegetables and always ensure you are getting adequate protein. It is important to avoid sugar as it can slow your immune response.
- Take time out for rest and relaxation. Stress can actually reduce your resistance to infection. Everyone responds to stress differently and you may find specific herbal remedies helpful to balance your individual response.
- Wash your hands after coming into contact with ill people, and before eating.
- Increase water intake to six to eight glasses per day. Water is essential for all aspects of good health
- Supplement your diet with nutrients and herbs to boost your immune function.
By making some simple changes to your diet, lifestyle and by addressing the underlying causes, such as stress or nutrient deficiencies, you can help to reactivate your immunity and restore your defenses which will help you fight off viral infections and start feeling yourself again.